Today in the Burton area there has been a problem with the local water supply, which has been over-chlorinated. This has led to a message from the supplier saying do not use the water for anything, even flushing the toilet! It all makes us realise how essential to life water really is. In fact, it’s so essential, and so uniquely placed to fulfil the needs of all creatures, that its very existence argues that a Creator must have provided it. Consider this evidence:
- Because there is a wide temperature range between freezing and boiling point, water exists in a wide range of environments on earth.
- Chemicals, minerals and nutrients can be carried through our smallest blood vessels and all through our bodies, because of its qualities as a universal solvent.
- Because it is chemically neutral, water does not affect the make up of any substance it carries, which enables food, medicines and minerals to be absorbed and used by the body.
- Water’s unique surface tension enables water in plants to flow upward against gravity, bringing life-giving water and nutrients to the top of even the tallest trees.
- Since water freezes from the top down and floats, fish are able to live in the winter.
- Ninety-seven percent of the Earth’s water is in the oceans. But on our Earth, there is a system designed which removes salt from the water and then distributes that water throughout the globe. Evaporation takes water out of the sea, leaving the salt behind, and forms clouds which are easily moved by the wind to disperse water over the land, for vegetation, animals and people. It is a system of purification and supply that sustains life on this planet, a system of recycled and reused water. We know it, of course, as the water cycle.
The arrangement of such a vital material in great abundance across the earth can be seen as evidence of a Creator, who put it there on Day 2 of the creation week.
See www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html as source of this information.