Who are the Christadelphians?
The Christadelphians are a small community with members all over the world who are united by their unique faith. We base our beliefs and practices wholly on the Bible. (For more information on Christadelphians in Burton, please click here.)
In a nutshell, we believe:
* in God, who created and sustains everything
* in Jesus Christ, the son of God, our saviour and king
* in the Bible, which is God’s message to the world
* in the return of Jesus to set up God’s kingdom on the earth
* in adult baptism as a necessary step to salvation.
Quite simply, our aim is to follow as closely as possible the teaching and example of Jesus, as recorded in the Bible. We endeavour to read the whole Bible at least once every year and as a result of these studies we hold the following beliefs:
- There is only one true God. He dwells in heaven, immortal and invisible and all powerful. Read Isaiah 45:5-6 and 1 Timothy 6:15-16
- God created the entire universe and has a great purpose for the world. Read Genesis 1:1 and Numbers 14:21
- The Bible is the inspired word of God, given by Him to benefit mankind. Read 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20-21
- The Holy Spirit is the power of God which He uses to accomplish His purpose, or Holy will. Read Job 33:4 and Romans 8:11
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is also the Son of man through being born of Mary. Read Luke 1:35 and Romans 1:3-4
- Jesus overcame all temptation and died to save his followers from sin and death. Read Romans 10:9-13 and 1 Timothy 1:15-16
- Jesus was raised from the dead by God. Later he ascended into heaven but he will return. Read Acts 2:22-27 and Acts 1:11
- When Jesus returns to the earth he will raise and judge the dead who have known God’s message and give eternal life to all faithful. Read Daniel 12:1-2 and John 5:28-29
- He will be King over the restored Kingdom of God in Israel and over the whole world. Read Isaiah 9:6-7 and Zechariah 14:9
- The Kingdom to be established is so far rooted in God’s dealings with the Jews in the past that it is described as the Kingdom of Israel restored, enlarged and perfected. Read Micah 4:1-8 and Acts 1v6-7
- The followers of Christ, made immortal, will help him to bring everlasting righteousness and peace worldwide. Read Micah 4:1-5 and Matthew 19:27-29
- The devil is not a supernatural being but is another name for sin, destroyed only in Christ. Read Matthew 15:19-20 and Hebrews 2:14-15
- Salvation involves covering our sins through Christ and freedom from sin and death at his coming. Read Hebrews 9:27-28 and 1 Peter 2:20-24
- When we die we cease to exist. The only hope of life is by resurrection at Christ’s return. Read Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 and Romans 5:21
- Belief in God’s Promises about the Kingdom of God and the work of Jesus Christ is essential. Read Galatians 3:6-9, 14, 16, 26-29
- Repentance and baptism into Christ by full immersion in water, and daily following Him, are necessary for ultimate salvation. Read Mark 16:15-16 and Romans 6:4
Some other questions you may have about Christadelphians generally might be answered here.
For more information on various Bible subjects, please click on the title below.